At Vintage Blades, you’ll find the finest wet shaving products and information for a comfortable and pleasant brush shave experience.
Shaving doesn’t have to be a curse! We’ll help you follow the age-old tradition of wet shaving and enjoy a trouble-free, pain-free daily ritual for smooth looking skin.
Count on our entire range of straight razors, safety razors, badger hair shaving brushes and high quality accessories to offer the best quality products available and restore your shaving ritual to a true pleasure.
Browse our site for complete details on the following products, with tips, guides and personal advice:
Straight Razor and Safety Razor Choices
• Choose from “shave ready” highest quality straight razors
Vintage Blades Offers Free Professional Honing on all Straight Razors.
• We offer double edge, or safety razors, from Dovo’s subsidiary, Merkur, as well as from Parker and other popular brands; and several selections of the highest quality double edge razor blades.
• Buying a gift? Our straight razor sets and safety razor sets may be the ideal choices.
Our range of badger hair shaving brushes represents the best available today for the perfect brush shave: From the United Kingdom we have a full range of brushes from R. A. Rooney, including the highly praised Rooney Heritage line. We also have a selection of brushes from Morris & Forndran and Vulfix of the UK, and from Dovo / Merkur of Germany. Our most recent addition is a range of our own VB brand brushes, to include a remarkable Synthetic, Imitation Badger brush.
Wet Shaving Supplies
We represent shaving lotions, creams, balms, mugs and other shaving products from Castle Forbes, The Gentlemens Refinery, D. R. Harris, Penhaligon’s, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Colonel Conk Products, and a continually growing list of other fine companies including our own Vintage Blades Brand products.
Sharpening Stones & Razor Strops
• Our sharpening stones include the
Waterstones from Norton. We also have a variety of other items for
blade maintenance including Diamond Spays and Chromium Oxide.
• Our razor strop line is highlighted by our Vintage Blades Latigo leather 2” and 3” strops, which are hand crafted using only premium hides.
Vintage Straight Razors
Our ever-changing inventory is sold in “shave ready” condition when possible (noted in each razor description).
Need guidance to make informed selections?
Check out our resources below or contact us for personal advice.
Shaving Information, Guides and Resources
Jim’s Miscellaneous Ramblings (aka FAQ’s) – Wet Shaving
• A Simple Buyer’s Guide to the Merkur Safety Razors
• Why Badger Hair Brushes?
• How to Care For Your Brush
• Men’s Fragrances – A Cautionary Tale
• A Guide to Wet Shaving
• Instructions on Use of VISION and FUTUR Razors
• Jim’s Miscellaneous Ramblings (aka FAQ’s)– Straight Razors
• How to Use Your Straight Razor Strop
• How to Use Diamond Sprays and Chromium Oxide to Sharpen Straight Razors
• Straight Razor Information from Dovo
• The Story of Dovo
• For a comprehensive guide on shaving with a straight razor, see "The Art of the Straight Razor Shave", by Dr. Christopher Moss
• For information on one of the newest improvements in Wet Shaving in over a century, visit the Sara Bonnyman Pottery, home of the Moss Scuttle.
We hope you enjoy visiting our site and that you’ll come back often.